What we are aiming to do
- Improve the quality of life for people with long term conditions and low level mental health issues by providing a person-centred approach to help individuals identify and deal with root causes of ill health
- To tackle the underlying causes of ill health through behaviour change techniques such as motivational interviewing, coaching and brief intervention
- To help individuals take the first step in their wellbeing journey
How we work
Each referred patient is assigned to a trained Be Well Doncaster Health and Wellbeing Coach. Clients can receive up to six, one to one tailored sessions where the coach will work with the patient to understand their skills, priorities, motivations, opportunities around behaviour change and together set goals and make plans to work towards positive change. Health and Wellbeing Coaches will work with the Care Coordinators to ensure all patient records are up to date.
Clients who are over 18 and consistently unable to make changes on their own that will improve their health and wellbeing.
Three key guiding questions when identifying a potential referral:
- Are they over 18 years of age?
- Is the support needed non-medical?
- Is the support needed behaviour related?
Click here to download the referral form
Be Well Doncaster - Home | Facebook
Be Well Doncaster - YouTube
Facebook – Healthwatch zoom call talking about Be Well
Fibromyalgia Peer Support Group
Every Thursday at 10am starting from the 12th August 2021
To book your place:
Contact Nicola - 07974 602101
Field Side Road, Thorne, Doncaster, DN81DA